Monday, October 26, 2009

Week 5 Reflections

I have to say this week's assignment with Bloom's taxonomy was confusing. I wasn't exactly sure what we were expected to do. I read over Casey's case study several times trying to work things out. It just seemed to me that the article wasn't very organized (for example, there were 4 different activity 1s). The combination of the article not having much structure, and the fact that I haven't done anything with Bloom's Taxonomy since my Sophomore or Junior year of college did not help.
Despite the confusion, I did like the activity. It was one that really made you think. I guess that's the point of Bloom's Taxonomy. There were some good activities described in the article, they just need some clarification if they are to be used in the classroom. There were also some good discussions based on these activities.
I was glad to see that I wasn't the only one confused with the article and the assignment. Of course, the confusion did make it tough to get in posts on the discussion board. Most people posted thier ideas and work later in the week. Usually, I like to try to get posts in early. Then there is time for discussion during the week. I am sure many of us were feeling this crunch though.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen,
    Sometimes Bloom's is a bit confusing but I am glad you stuck in there! The best thing to do is what you did- re-read, learn from fellow students and course work.
    Shanda

    ReplyDelete