Sunday, October 11, 2009

Week 3 Reflections

I would have to say that this has been a busy and kind of crazy week. It was a busy week at work, which made things seem even crazier for class. Despite the business of the week, I have found it an interesting one.
Even though the Bonk article was from 2004, it did bring to light the growing number of technologies that we have available to use in education. There were some items in that list (especially massive online gaming), that I had never thought of as a tool for education or assessment.
I have to admit that I wasn't really sure what was expected for the concept map. I am hoping that what I came up with is the right kind of idea. Once I came up with a plan, I did enjoy working on it. The Inspiration software was easy to use. It's a shame the free trial is only for 30 days! But I guess that is how they get you to buy these kinds of things. I remember someone mentioning a free website where you can create concept maps, but now can't find what it was, or who it was that mentioned it. If you happen to know, let me know :-)
I also have to admit that I started out a little concerned about the midterm assignment. I haven't really done any kind of group project for an online class before, so it will definitely be something new for me. Also, I ended up with the topic of "Reflective Assessment Tools." Being a math teacher, I have to admit that I haven't really done much with reflective assessments before. Thanks to our work in Module 2, I do feel a little more comfortable with the topic than I otherwise might have.

No comments:

Post a Comment