Saturday, October 17, 2009

Week 4 Reflections

This was definitely another busy week!
My work schedule was different this week. Our school has set up an after school tutoring program where we have teachers available to the students from 4pm-8pm, instead of the normal 8am-4pm. This week, I was one of those teachers.
As far as the group midterm project, that was definitely a new experience for me. I have to say, I was glad to trade topics with Shelley. Originally, I was going to be doing reflection assessment tools, and she was going to be doing course tracking tools. Being a math teacher, I'm not too familiar with reflection assessments. Shelley wasn't familiar with course tracking tools. I think the trade worked out well for both of us.
Towards the beginning of the week, I have to admit that I was a bit concerned. At that point, communication with the group was a bit slow (as far as what I was seeing). As we got further into the week, our communication did pick up, and we got everything pulled together.
I must say I am relieved to have the project completed. I've never done a group project online, and I have to say I was never a big fan of group projects when I was in school. I guess that's probably because then, I tended to be the one finishing things that others missed or were too lazy to do. In this case, it was different. Everyone in our group put forth the effort, and I think we came out with a good final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment