Sunday, October 4, 2009

Week 2 Reflections

I have to admit, this is the first time I've really done anything with blogging. Prior to this week, I never even thought of it being a tool to use for assessment. I've always thought of it as being more of a means or extension of social networking. I guess that comes from seeing blogs on sites such as MySpace.
After looking at the blogs of classmates, and following the class discussions this week, my eyes have certainly been opened to new possibilities. I'm now seeing that blogs can be a great tool for the use of teachers and students.
Teachers can collaborate and critique ideas, whether or not they have the opportunity to discuss things face to face.
Blogs can give students the opportunity to work cooperatively in an online environment. In this same venue, they can give students the opportunity to receive peer review and feedback on thier thoughts or work.
At this point, it may be a challenge figuring out exactly how I could use a blog for my math students. Perhaps some kind of project. Maybe even some kind of challenge problem, where they could work together off of each others comments to work things out.... I'll have to think about some ideas to try....

No comments:

Post a Comment